Submission Guidelines 2019 NWG Poetry Chapbook
1. Both Nebraska Writers Guild Members and persons who are not members are eligible to submit entries. Authors do not have to be residing in Nebraska.
2. Entries can be in any style and on any subject.
3. Entries must be in English and may not be translations.
4. Simultaneous submissions will happily be accepted, so long as you show us the courtesy of letting us know that it has been submitted elsewhere, and withdraw your submission promptly if your work is accepted by another publication. Withdrawal will not be possible after you have been notified that a poem has been accepted for publication in the NWG Poetry Chapbook.
What We Are Not Accepting:
We try to be open about the content we select. However, we are unlikely to accept:
1. Explicit Content
2. Previously- published work (exceptions can be made so contact us).
Other Things You Should Know:
1. No alterations can be made to a poem once it has been submitted.
2. Once entered, poems cannot be withdrawn from the competition (except as noted in #4 under Eligibility). It is regretted that no entries can be returned, so keep a copy of your work.
3. No entry fee(s) can be refunded.
4. Winners may be requested to provide a biography and photograph for use as part of subsequent publicity for the chapbook or future requests for submission.
5. No acknowledgment of receipt of poems will be given unless requested.
How to Submit:
1. Complete all lines on the submission form (the link is below) and click submit. Only two submission forms per poet will be accepted (for a maximum of six poems).
A fee of $15.00 is required for each submission form (ie. three poems). After you fill out the submission form it will take you to a payment page.
Poems are submitted separately by email. (See 5. Below).
2. Click Here to download and then Print the Rights Agreement/Contract Form, fill in the blanks, and sign the form. Then scan the form and attach it to an email along with your poems (see 5. below) or mail it to:
2019 NWG Poetry Chapbook
642 N. Broadwell Avenue
Grand Island, NE 68803
(no poem will be submitted to the readers/evaluators until the Rights Agreement/Contract has been received)
3. A maximum of three poems may be submitted for each entry form. Each poem must be no more than 3 pages in length, 12 pt, Times New Roman, 1.0 to 1.5 line spacing.
No line may be more than 3¾ inches in length. Only standard punctuation and placers acceptable. No photos or emoticons allowed though suggested black and white art may be considered. (Please contact us about suggested black and white art.)
4. Only electronic entries will be accepted. Each poem must be attached as a separate document. Poems must not include the author’s name. The name will only be on the entry form.
5. The email with poems attached must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Failure to follow these submission guidelines or to send immediate payment will result in your entries not being processed. We cannot do formatting to correct your errors or omissions.
7. Poems will not be submitted to the selection committee until payment is received. Our preferred payment is through the website.
For questions or clarification on any topic, please contact us at email@example.com.